Given the continued unpredictability of COVID-19, our DC internship program has transitioned to a hybrid model where some students are undertaking in-person internships in DC, and others are undertaking remote virtual internships from home. To accommodate both groups of students, some course seminars will be completed virtually and remotely. We do not yet know how the next term will look, but it is quite possible that we will continue to offer a hybrid approach to accommodate the needs of students.
Experience the Nation’s Capital, learn from experts, intern & explore your career, earn credits, and build a network for your future!
The SUNY Washington Internship Program allows students to experience the excitement of our nation’s capital, an ideal location to experience direct involvement in politics and all other professional fields.
- Semester and summer programs are offered.
- Founded in 1967, now in its 53rd year, more than 4,000 students have participated in this program.
- The program is open to junior, senior, and graduate students from colleges and universities.
- Many of our students receive a job offer either directly from their internship, or indirectly through networking opportunities.
Why this internship program?
- Experience how Washington works through hands-on learning at an organization in your chosen field.
- Our experiential learning program includes development of research and writing skills.
- Understand the relationship between academic knowledge and practical understanding of the political world.
- Learn about careers in your field of interest.
- Your internship experience in an office environment allows for development of professional skills and networking opportunities.
Robert Powell, Internship Coordinator
Phone: (585) 721-6632