Experience the Nation’s Capital, learn from experts, intern & explore your career, earn credits, and build a network for your future!
The SUNY Washington Internship Program allows students to experience the excitement of our nation’s capital, an ideal location to experience direct involvement in politics and all other professional fields. Students typically work at their internships four days per week, then participate in a seminar class on Fridays, where they engage with speakers on a variety of topics as well as tour places such as the Supreme Court, US Capitol, Library of Congress, and the Smithsonian museums.
- Semester and summer programs are offered.
- The program is open to junior, senior, and graduate students from colleges and universities.
- Many of our students receive a job offer either directly from their internship, or indirectly through networking opportunities.
Why this internship program?
- Experience how Washington works through hands-on learning at an organization in your chosen field.
- Our experiential learning program includes development of research and writing skills.
- Learn about careers in your field of interest.
- Your internship experience in an office environment allows for development of professional skills and networking opportunities.