- Academic Support Services - Check out all the great academic support services the University has to offer!
- The School of Business Administration & Economics: Center for Student Success
- GPA calculator - Keep track of your GPA, stay in good academic standing.
- The ETC - Provides instruction, guidance, and facilities to support the enhancement of the learning experience through the creation of audio, video, graphics, and web-based content to further SUNY Brockport’s mission of student success.
How to Learn & Metacognition:
- Popular free course: Learning How to Learn offered by Coursera
- HowToStudy.org - The best site to improve your learning strategies.
- Study Skills and Memory Improvement - Middle Tennessee State University’s page on brain-based study strategies.
- Lecture Note Taking - A research-based article that compares taking notes with a laptop versus taking notes with pen and paper.
- Lecture Note Taking - This article cites studies that prove that taking notes improves test scores.
- SQ3R : - Survey, Question, Read, Recite, Review - a great technique for comprehensive textbook reading and notetaking
- Index of Learning Styles - Take 44 question survey and see where you lie on the four learning styles scales. Then read about how you can study more efficiently and how you can obtain a deeper level of learning.
- Quizlet - Turn your study material into flashcards, tests, and other study aids, then study away!
- Reading Difficult Texts - Tips on how to approach reading a difficult text.
- Study Skills from Pepperdine
- College InfoGeek Studying and Leanring
- College InfoGeek How to Study for Any Test
Purdue’s Time Management for Busy College Students
American Sign Language:
- Khan Academy - Free video mini lessons for math, sciences, economics and more. Also has a “knowledge map” to help you track your progress towards math mastery!
- OER Commons - Open Educational Resources. Very comprehensive site!
- Cerego - A great way to memorize facts. Even create your own digital quizzes.
- Open SUNY - Affordable Learning Solutions
- Why sleep is essential, from Dr. Maas of Cornell.
- Sleep Well to Study Well, Maryville University
- Tips for success - This page will give you some best practices for getting the most out of a hybrid class.
Anatomy & Physiology:
- BioDigital Human - Free downloadable program: a virtual 3D human body which students can use to aid with studying. Isolate body systems and make notes. (Requires Mozilla Firefox)
- Anatomy Arcade - Free site to help students study Anatomy in a fun way, using games and videos.
Writing & Citations:
- Writing Handouts from UNC Chapel Hill: Resources include a comprehensive selection of handouts on all aspects of writing.
- Council of Science Editors (CSE) Style Guide
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL) Resources include citation style guides, writing mechanics, and more.
- My Open Math - The best site to learn pre-algebra, algebra, and trigonometry, at your own pace; totally free; contains e-books and videos
- CalcWorkshop - Another really nice site - free videos on Precalculus through Differential Equations.
- Math TV - Free videos on how to solve different types of problems from basic mathematics through single variable calculus. Also includes explanations in Spanish.
- Educator - I’d recommend watching their free videos for understanding fundamental math topics
- Essential Trigonometry Facts quizlet - created by your very own SLC Director
- Kiryl Tsishchanka’s teaching website - videos and practice problems on Precalculus through advanced math
- SPSS Tutorials - Tutorial on using SPSS