Festival of Ten XIV
The Department of Theatre and Music Studies at SUNY Brockport is pleased to announce its 14th Biennial Festival of Ten-Minute Plays.
Brockport’s Festival of Ten began in 1999, and every two years since then audiences have enjoyed these performances consisting of 10 ten-minute plays. Our Festival of Ten has grown over the years and now has an International reputation, with playwrights from as far away as Australia. For each festival we accept 500 submissions, ultimately selecting ten to produce. Plays can be submitted beginning February 1, 2024, until March 15, 2024, or until we reach 500 submissions.
- All plays will be submitted online. Submitted plays should have the name of the playwright removed.
- Each script must have a running time of 7–14 minutes.
- Only original scripts allowed.
- Maximum of two scripts per playwright.
- Plays that have been read or performed in any manner for a paying audience prior to submission are not accepted.
- Plays written by current Brockport Department of Theatre and Music Studies faculty and staff (full and part-time) are not accepted.
- Entries will be acknowledged via email.
- Only the first 500 scripts received will be considered.
- The top ten scripts will be produced in fully realized productions as part of the SUNY Brockport’s Festival of Ten XIV (February/March 2025).
- Finalists will be notified by November 30, 2024.
To submit a play click the button below when submissions are accepted (February 1 – March 15, 2024). If you are submitting more than one play, please create a separate submission for each one.