December 19, 2022 – January 13, 2023 (4 week session)
- October 21, 2022 – Course Schedule becomes Available
- October 31, 2022 – Registration for WinterSession begins
- November 10, 2022 – Faculty WinterSession contracts to be sent
- November 20, 2022 – Facutly WinterSession contracts to be returned
- December 12, 2022 – Classes to be opened by faculty on Brightspace
- December 19, 2022 – WinterSession Begins
- December 21, 2022 – Add period ends
- December 26, 2022 – Last day to drop course
- December 26, 2022 – College Closed
- December 27, 2022 – Late Add period ends
- December 28, 2022 – Census date
- January 2, 2023 – College Closed
- January 6, 2023 4pm – last day to withdraw
- January 13, 2023 – WinterSession ends
- January 18, 2023 – Grades due from faculty
Faculty Appointments and Stipend Rate
The special sessions pay rate is $1,083.33 per credit hour. Please refer your faculty who will be teaching during WinterSession ’23 to the Stipend Rate Sheet.
Intensive Course Format
All newly offered courses scheduled to meet fewer than five weeks must be approved by your dean before December 2, as submitted via the Intensive Course Approval Form per each faculty member. You only need to submit these materials for courses that were not previously approved for a shortened format, for the specific instructor teaching the course.
100% Online [ASY or CMB] Courses
New 100% online faculty must receive approval by your chairperson and dean, and submit the approval form via the Online Faculty Approval Form by December 2.
All WinterSession ’23 courses are to be 100% Online —Asynchronous (ASY) or Combined (CMB). All CMB courses must include a course note specifically indicating the synchronous participation time, days and dates, which are binding. Sample course notes. These course notes must be included in your course syllabus.
Contracts will be sent out early/mid November. Please review contract when received. Contract will include the course you are instructing along with Stipend, based on making minimum enrollment numbers (Undergrad = 15, Graduate = 10). It is very important to return by deadline date, for payroll purposes.
Rosters are used to determine the stipend rate, which is based on enrollment at the Census Date. Please review your roster, sign, and return to the Office of Special Sessions by deadline date.
An online concierge is available to assist your students with any questions they may have during their WinterSession course. They will also receive periodic correspondence from the concierge. The concierge can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the office at (585) 395-5716
WinterSession Course Submission
For information and instructions on submitting your schedule electronically, go to: WinterSession ’23 Course e-Submission Instructions.
If you will not be offering any WI ’23 courses, please notify email@example.com.
- Friday, October 7, 2022: WinterSession ’23 : schedule to School Associate Deans
- Wednesday, October 12, 2022: Associate Deans’ e-submission of schedule to the Registrar’s Office