The School of Business & Management is hosting the Tenth Annual Pettis Family Business Plan Competition. The application deadline is March 13, 2023.
About the Competition
The School of Business & Management is hosting the Tenth Annual Pettis Family Business Plan Competition. Teams passing the screening round will be invited to present their business proposals on the 2023 Scholars Day (April 12, 2023). The team presentation will be evaluated by a group of internal and external business experts led by the Interim Dean Michael Doyle. The winning student team(s) will be awarded a cash prize of $2,500.
Please contact Dr. Lerong He for questions.
All full-time and part-time undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to compete.
Team Registration and Written Round Deadline: March 13, 2023
All teams need to fill out the registration form online and submit a two page executive summary of your business plan before the deadline.
Please include the following information in your executive summary:
- Product & service: Describe your product/service offering and define key benefits and values provided to your customers and main problems that you solve.
- Markets & customers: Discuss who are your target customers, the estimated size of your target market and your growth potential. How do you plan to reach your target customers?
- Competitive position: Discuss your competitive position, including your major competitors and your core competence.
- Your business model: Describe your business model, i.e., how your business will make money. Estimate costs of launching and operating your business.
- Team: Describe the composition of your venture team and other key personnel essential for your success.
Timeline for Award
NOTICE FOR THE FINAL PRESENTATION ROUND: MARCH 17, 2023
All teams will be notified by March 17, 2023 for their eligibility to attend the final presentation contest.
FINAL PRESENTATION: SCHOLARS DAY, APRIL 12, 2023
All teams chosen to compete in the final round will prepare a 15-minute presentation of your business plan and answer questions of internal and external judges on Scholars Day. Detailed guidelines for this presentation will be distributed later.
ADDITIONAL COMPETITION OPPORTUNITIES
Regardless of your campus status, all registered teams are eligible to participate in the Finger Lake Region-New York State Business Plan Competition.