What You’ll Learn
Engage in a program that gives leaders and managers the problem-solving skills that they need in today’s workforce. Excel in your career at a public, health care, or non-profit organization.
We’re accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA). It’s the only MPA program accredited in Western New York and the Finger Lakes region.
- May be completed 100% online or through a mix of face-to-face, hybrid and online courses.
The MPA curriculum embodies the NASPAA universal competencies of:
- Lead and manage in diverse organizational contexts.
- Participate and contribute to public policy in the student’s chosen emphasis: Public, Health Care, or Non-Profit Management.
- Analyze to make informed decisions.
- Articulate the public service concerns associated with the distribution of scarce resources.
- Communicate productively in settings characterized by diversity.
MPA graduates work as administrative and high-level managers in:
- County, state, and Federal agencies
- Education (administration, PreK-12, and higher education)
- Health administration and health care
- Long-term care
- Nonprofit agencies
- Private sector
- Public safety and security
All applicants must complete the multi-step process managed by the Center for Graduate Studies.
- Determine your applicant type
- Submit application
- Request all official transcripts
- Review and submit required application materials through the Application Status Portal
- International applicants must also submit international materials
- Fall Semester: August 15
- Spring Semester: January 15
- Summer Semester: April 15
Complete applications received after the published deadline are welcome and will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
Networking and Professional Opportunities
In addition to the curriculum, the MPA program offers numerous opportunities for students to engage and develop relationships with fellow students, alumni, and leaders in the community.
Financing Your EducationLearn more about scholarships, fellowships, and graduate assistantships.
Receive emails about Graduate news and upcoming events.Sign Up
Start Your Application
Complete our multi-part application with the Center for Graduate Studies.Apply Now
“Besides the curriculum being relevant to my professional goals, I find that the people in the program add an invaluable richness to the learning process.” Lauren McKenna ’14