What You’ll Learn
Explore human behavior and the mind at an advanced level, and tailor your graduate experience to your own academic goals and professional aims. Cap off your studies with a master’s thesis or a clinical practicum in the community — or even do both.
Delve into psychology’s core areas. Students choose one of four available tracks:
- Clinical Psychology with applied emphasis (On hiatus. No new students are being accepted to this track.)
- Clinical Psychology with research emphasis
- General Psychology with research emphasis
- Psychology with Child Life emphasis
Learn cutting-edge clinical practice approaches to the assessment and treatment of mental illness and developmental disabilities. Conducting your own research is central to two of the three tracks. Graduate students often manage day-to-day lab operations, which is a great résumé builder.
All applicants must complete the multi-step process managed by the Center for Graduate Studies.
- Determine your applicant type
- Submit application
- Request all official transcripts
- Review and submit required application materials through the Application Status Portal
- International applicants must also submit international materials
Fall Semester: April 1
Complete applications received after the published deadline are welcome and will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
Some graduates hold research positions and others work in human service settings, even in nationally recognized centers for mental illness treatment. Many use their master’s degree as a springboard to doctoral-level study in psychology.
Here are some places where our graduates work:
- ARC of Genesee and Monroe County
- Mary Cariola Children’s Center
- New York State Developmental Disabilities Service Offices
- Golisano Restorative Neurology & Rehabilitation Center of Rochester Regional Health
- University of Rochester Medical Center, Division of Neuropsychology and Department of Psychiatry
Financing Your EducationLearn more about scholarships, fellowships, and graduate assistantships.
Receive emails about Graduate news and upcoming events.Sign Up
Sara Margolin, PhD
Start Your Application
Complete our multi-part application with the Center for Graduate Studies.Apply Now
My professors took a vested interest in my success that still exists today. Jack Rhodes ’13/’15