What You’ll Learn
Our program allows students to complete their bachelor’s degree in political science and master of public administration in an accelerated fashion (in as little as 5 years). Students take four graduate public administration (PAD) courses in the senior year, three graduate PAD courses over two special sessions (following completion of the undergraduate degree), and eight graduate PAD courses in their “fifth” year.
Benefits include tuition savings, enhanced credentials, improved employment opportunities, and increased preparation for PhD and other post-graduate programs.
When qualified Brockport undergraduate political science majors are admitted to this combined degree program, they may take up to 12 graduate credits of coursework in public administration, all at the undergraduate tuition rate. These credits may apply to undergraduate and graduate degree requirements simultaneously.Curriculum & Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program go on to the following fields:
- Budget and Fiscal Management
- City/County Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Human Resources Management
- Law Enforcement
- Management Consulting
- Nonprofit Fundraising
- Nonprofit Management
- Parks and Recreation Management
- Public Affairs and Communications
- Public Interest Law
- Transportation Management
- Urban Planning
- Utilities Management
- Waste Management
Admission to this highly selective combined degree program is restricted to Brockport political science students who have:
- completed at least 54 undergraduate credits
- a cumulative Brockport GPA of at least 3.0 Qualified students interested in this combined degree program should speak with their undergraduate faculty advisor before submitting the application.
All applicants must complete the multi-step process managed by the Center for Graduate Studies.
- Determine your applicant type
- Submit application
- Request all official transcripts
- Review and submit required application materials through the Application Status Portal
- International applicants must also submit international materials
December 1 of the Junior Year
Complete applications received after the published deadline are welcome and will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
Washington Semester Program
Become a Washington insider through our semester program. Students get insight into the workings of political entities as well as perspective on other cultures and societies.
Financing Your EducationLearn more about scholarships, fellowships, and graduate assistantships.
Receive emails about Graduate news and upcoming events.Sign Up
Dr. Celia Watt
Start Your Application
Complete our multi-part application with the Center for Graduate Studies.Apply Now
“I realized that the Brockport MPA program would allow me to become more marketable to employers in a multitude of fields. What I have learned from my fellow students in the MPA program is both enlightening and beneficial to my success. The classes allow you to create networks and helpful contacts for the future. I want to make a difference in our government and help support public officials and organizations that promote growth and opportunity for our youth.” Danielle Pierleoni ’15