Ronald E. McNair
Dr. Ronald E. McNair was a physicist and one of the first ever African American Astronauts. After his passing aboard the U.S. Challenger space shuttle, the Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program was formed to dedicate to the high standards of achievement inspired by Dr. McNair.
- Academic & Life Skills Counseling
- Paid Research Experience
- Conference Presentation Opportunities
- Preparation for Graduate School
- Dedicated Study/Computer Lab
McNair Scholars meet with their mentor monthly to receive:
- Guidance for your academic program.
- Counseling about your professional goals.
- Supervision of your Summer Research Module.
- Advisement throughout our graduate application process.
The McNair Program expects that our scholars will:
- Be knowledgeable about career choices and graduate school opportunities.
- Be knowledgeable about graduate school funding opportunities and prepared to take advantage of them.
- Have the skills to achieve admission to the graduate school of their choice and to succeed in their pursuit of an advanced degree.
Whether or not you reach your goals in life depends entirely on how well you prepare for them and how badly you want them. Dr. Ronald E. McNair