Community in Mathematics, Computing Sciences & Physics Scholars Program
Members of the Community receive a $5000/year scholarship eligible for juniors, seniors, and graduate students majoring in mathematics, computer science, computer information systems, and/or physics at SUNY Brockport.
Spring 2022 Deadline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until January 26, 2022 as long as scholarships remain available.
- Major or graduate student in mathematics, computer science, computer information systems, and/or physics at SUNY Brockport.
- Scholarship is intended for full-time students. Part-time students (at least 6 credits per semester) may qualify at a reduced scholarship amount.
- Undergraduate students need a 2.7 GPA overall and in the major total or 2.7 GPA overall and in the major for the last two semesters. Graduate students need a 3.0 in their graduate coursework. These GPAs are expected to be maintained to keep the award in future semesters.
- 54 credit undergraduate credits completed at the time of the award.
- The NSF requires that recipients be United States citizens or permanent residents.
- Financial Eligibility (financially qualify for a Pell grant or financially eligible for TRIO). You can contact Financial Aid to check or apply and we will check for you. You must have a submitted FAFSA form (make sure to do this prior to reaching out).
Scholars are expected to:
- Continue making appropriate progress towards their major and graduation goals
- Participate in monthly problem-solving meetings
- Meet with peer and faculty mentors
- Maintain at least a 2.7 GPA in the major and overall
Scholars are also strongly encouraged become more involved in their major disciplines by:
- Taking part in research activities
- Attending and/or presenting at conferences
- Completing internships
- Taking part other relevant field experiences
Email completed applications or any questions about the Community to Jason Morris.