Below are photos of our students who were able to study abroad while completing their internship experience.
Earning Sport Management Credits While Abroad
Many of our sport management majors choose to study abroad. While we would not discourage any student from studying abroad in a location they would prefer, some of the programs offer more credits toward the completion of our major than others. The most common programs approved by the sport management department and what they fulfill are,
- An entire 10-14 week semester abroad (any area of study): This fulfills the sport management second program of study requirement.
- An entire 10-14 week semester abroad (internship/field experience related to sport management): This fulfills the culminating sport management internship class (PEP 468) experience.
- Selected practicum abroad experiences related to our field: This fulfills one or more of the 60 clock hour sport management practicum experiences required of PEP 360, PEP 370, PEP 457.
- Portion of a semester abroad one or more weeks: This fulfills one or more courses (depending on the length) in the sport management curriculum.
- One class abroad: This fulfills one course in the sport management curriculum.
Pre-approved Study Abroad Experiences
Below are a few examples of our program’s pre-approved study abroad locations where students can intern. This list is only a portion of approved locations, reach out to a member in our department for more information if you do not see the study abroad experience you wish to pursue on this list.
- Costa Rica
- New Zealand
- Czech Republic