Athletic Training (MS) Program Mission, Goals & Outcomes
The Master of Science in Athletic Training program at SUNY Brockport is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). The program is committed to preparing students to become competent, professional, and skillful certified athletic trainers. The program curriculum is designed to provide athletic training students with a thorough evidence based education in athletic training through comprehensive didactic coursework and supervised clinical education. The athletic training program is one of recognized excellence whose graduates are leaders in the allied health community.
- Provide graduate students at SUNY Brockport an avenue for attainment of Certification by the Board of Certification, Inc.
- Provide a student-centered learning environment through a comprehensive, evidence based didactic and clinical curriculum in preparation for professional practice.
- Provide students with opportunities to develop their clinical skills in a variety of clinical education settings and with diverse populations.
- Develop clinically and culturally competent athletic trainers who provide high quality, patient-centered care.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop an understanding of evidence-based practice concepts and their application to sound clinical decision-making and the critical examination of athletic training practice.
- Develop safe and effective clinical decision-making within the practice of athletic training in a manner that integrates evidence-based practice with patient-oriented outcomes.
- Develop advanced knowledge and clinical practice skills in the examination, diagnosis, and management of injuries and health conditions commonly seen in athletic training practice.
- Integrate evidence-based practice to deliver current therapeutic interventions to promote optimal patient care.
- Develop and implement strategies to mitigate the risk for long-term health conditions across the lifespan.
- Develop and understanding of the role of the athletic trainer in health care administration and the delivery of health care services.
- Practice athletic training in professional, ethical manner in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.