What You’ll Learn
Studying history takes you back in time and across space! Our combined degree program allows you to press fast forward on that experience by earning a bachelors and a master’s degree in as few as 5 years. And, there are many other opportunities for you to study the past with an eye to your future.
Gain important knowledge and skills studying in classes that match your interests. We offer history topics and courses that cover America and the rest of the world across all time periods. Our combined degree in history allows students to earn a bachelor’s and master’s degree in 5 years.Curriculum & Learning Outcomes
What you will gain by majoring in history is well suited to a wide range of professional careers. Our recent alumni have built careers in law, business, government, teaching, and other fields.
Admission to this highly selective combined degree program is restricted to Brockport history students who have:
- completed at least 54 undergraduate credits
- completed no more than 99 undergraduate credits
- a cumulative Brockport GPA of at least 3.0
- a Brockport GPA of 3.25 in history courses
- either completed or are currently taking BOTH of the following: HST 390 Research Methods and/or a 400-level history course designated “research intensive”
All applicants must complete the multi-step process managed by the Center for Graduate Studies.
- Determine your applicant type
- Submit application
- Request all official transcripts
- Review and submit required application materials through the Application Status Portal
- International applicants must also submit international materials
DeadlinesFall Semester: July 1
Spring Semester: November 15
Complete applications received after the published deadline are welcome and will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
Study Abroad in Ireland
Students can dive deep into history and spend a semester studying at 200-year-old Maynooth University near the city of Dublin, Ireland.
Financing Your EducationLearn more about scholarships, fellowships, and graduate assistantships.
Receive emails about Graduate news and upcoming events.Sign Up
Dr. Morag Martin
Start Your Application
Complete our multi-part application with the Center for Graduate Studies.Apply Now