What You’ll Learn
The Teacher Leadership Graduate Certificate Program has been designed for practicing teachers who are either serving or interested in serving as a Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) or coach.
- Hybrid (50 percent online & 50 percent classroom instruction)
You can complete our 12-credit program in less than a year in two six-credit sequential semesters. In-person classes take place on Saturdays at Brockport Downtown (161 Chestnut Street in Rochester, NY).
You may apply to the Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in Educational Administration during your second semester of study and the 12 credits earned will be accepted toward the CAS.Curriculum & Learning Outcomes
- Serve as a Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) or coach
- Earned master’s degree from an accredited institution
- At least one year of teaching experience or pupil personnel service
All applicants must complete the multi-step process managed by the Center for Graduate Studies.
- Determine your applicant type
- Submit application
- Request all official transcripts
- Review and submit required application materials through the Application Status Portal
- International applicants must also submit international materials
Fall Semester: August 1
Spring Semester: December 1
Complete applications received after the published deadline are welcome and will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
Why Earn the Teacher Leadership Graduate Certificate at Brockport?
- Our faculty are experienced in teacher leadership and administration
- Earn our certificate in only 7-10 Saturdays a semester
- Learn to be a reflective practitioner
- Get personalized attention in small classes
Financing Your EducationLearn more about scholarships, fellowships, and graduate assistantships.
Receive emails about Graduate news and upcoming events.Sign Up
Start Your Application
Complete our multi-part application with the Center for Graduate Studies.Apply Now
“My experience at Brockport really strengthened me and helped me grow professionally and personally.” Ruth Turner ’15, Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in Educational Administration