What You’ll Learn
Locate your choreographic voice. Deepen intellectual pursuits. Crystalize your performance practice.
Graduate study in dance at Brockport merges inquiry. Creative pursuits, study of historical and multicultural perspectives, and rigorous physical practice synthesize in a degree that reflects current trends in dance.
CurriculumBrockport’s 60-credit, three-year Master of Fine Arts deepens your studio practice, choreographic voice, and research perspective.
- Take technique and graduate-level choreography classes in one of five large studios.
- With three student choreographed shows per year, choreograph and produce work in two dedicated dance theatres.
- Explore dance theory in small seminar settings.
- Present your research at national and international conferences.
- Study theories and practices of pedagogy for higher education.
Faculty and professional staff are nationally and internationally recognized and are leaders in professional organizations such as CORD, NASD and NDEO. SUNY Brockport is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Dance.Curriculum & Learning Outcomes
Our graduates are artists. They find success in roles such as:
- College professors
- Artistic directors
- Arts administrators
All applicants must complete the multi-step process managed by the Center for Graduate Studies.
- Determine your applicant type
- Submit application
- Request all official transcripts
- Review and submit required application materials through the Application Status Portal
- International applicants must also submit international materials
Fall Semester: April 15
Complete applications received after the published deadline are welcome and will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
The dance department has some of the best facilities in the country, including:
- 300-seat proscenium dance theater
- 270-seat large-space studio theater
- Five studios
- Body-conditioning lab
- Computerized music and design studios
Financing Your EducationLearn more about scholarships, fellowships, and graduate assistantships.
Receive emails about Graduate news and upcoming events.Sign Up
Ms. Jenise Anthony
Start Your Application
Complete our multi-part application with the Center for Graduate Studies.Apply Now