Due to generous sponsorship from the NYS DanceForce, SUNY Brockport is excited to host Stephen Petronio Company for a four day weekend of movement classes and workshops starting February 7. Free to all participants, this process-centered residency includes several sessions open to the Rochester dance community, including faculty and students from higher education institutions, and local professionals.
Residency events include:
- Technique class
- Phrasework class from Petronio repertory
- Information sessions on the company
- Informal showings
When: February 7-10, 2020
Where: Hartwell Hall
Class & Workshop Options
- Open classes: Drop-in to open classes and lecture-demonstrations, as highlighted on the schedule.
- Dance Intensive: Attend all classes and lecture-demonstrations as a Dance Intensive student, including Intensive-Only classes. The Intensive concludes with an informal showing.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 7
- 11:15 am–12:45pm: Technique Class (Brockport Dance Students only)
- 1–3 pm: Phrasework Class (open to Dance Community, Brockport dance students)
- 4–6 pm: Dance Intensive (Dance Intensive students only)
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8
- 10 am–1 pm (Dance Intensive students only)
- 2–4 pm (Dance Intensive students only)
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 9
- 11 am–12:30 pm: Technique Class (open to dance community and Brockport dance students)
- 12:45–1:45 pm: Info Session – Informal, film/discussion, Q+A, (open to all – registration not required)
- 3–5 pm (Dance Intensive students only)
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 10
- 9:30–11 am: Technique Class (Brockport Dance students only)
- 11:15 am–12:45pm: Company Lec/Dem, showing by Intensive Students, Q+A (open to all – registration not required)
Registration is required for all participants, Drop-In classes AND Dance Intensive classes. Early registration is highly recommended because interest is high and space is limited. Classes have caps and will fill.
To learn more about Stephen Petronio and Stephen Petronio Company, visit their website.
All visitors parking on campus Monday–Friday require a parking permit. Permits are not required for Saturday and Sunday. Day permits are available at the Conrad Welcome Center during business hours. Cost of a permit is $5.
Visitors who arrive after the Conrad Welcome Center has closed, may choose to use the pay station in lots T or V. Residential parking may be available near Hartwell Hall on Monroe Avenue, Main Street, and College Street.
For additional information please visit the Parking and Transportation Services website.
Please email Tammy Carrasco with any questions.