External Advisory Board
The Computing Sciences External Advisory Board of SUNY Brockport comprised of prominent and experienced computing professionals in the Rochester, NY area, has been in existence since 1997 and normally meets once a year face-to-face. An electronic mail list allows discussions between meetings. The primary purpose is to increase the industry-academe interaction for mutual benefit. Specifically, the board advises the department on matters of programs, program educational objectives, student outcomes, curriculum, course offerings and other initiatives. The input from board members helps the Department of Computer Science to:
- Refine the course offerings to keep them current and relevant,
- Seek internship and co-op opportunities for students, and
- Understand and accommodate the needs of the local industries and businesses that employ the graduates.
The current members of the External Advisory Board are
- Mr. Bob Ansaldi, Manager, Global Server Operations, Eastman Kodak Company
- Professor James Bucki, Sr., Director of Information Technology Programs, Genesee Community College
- Mr. Jeff Carpenter, Assistant Director, University of Rochester
- Mr. Sam Chan, President, Bravo Technology Center
- Mr. Brian Duffy, Engineering Manager, dunnhumby Rochester
- Mr. Jeffrey Dunker, Chairperson, Information and Computer Technologies, Monroe Community College
- Mr. Mark Endres, Development Manager, Paychex, Inc.
- Mr. John Griffith, Vice President, IT Infrastructure & Production Management, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- Mr. Paul Koch, Director of Network & Communication Services, Wegmans
- Professor William McLaughlin, Chair, Department of Computing Sciences, Finger Lakes Community College
- Mr. Rich Miceli, Sr. Director, Engg. Smart Supply and Logistics, Heartland School Solutions
- Mr. Jacek Woloszuk, Senior Director of Engineering, Tracelink, Inc.
The chair of the department, the chair of the curriculum committee, the assessment coordinator, and the internship coordinator are ex-officio members of the board.
Experienced computing professionals, employers, and educators, interested in contributing in this capacity to our programs may contact Dr. Mehruz Kamal, Department Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.