The Department of Communication has many scholarship opportunities available to students each year. Scholarships are awarded based on student success, both in and out of the classroom, and based on student financial need. The application portal opens in November, and scholarships are awarded at an Honors and Awards Ceremony in April. Here are some of the available Scholarships:
- Rising Junior: Awarded each Spring to a student entering their Junior year the following Fall. Winners of this award demonstrate academic excellence and potential for success in future Communication courses.
- Rising Senior: Awarded each Spring to a student entering their Senior year the following Fall. Winners of this award demonstrate academic excellence and potential for success in future Communication courses.
- Peter & Marguerite Kane Endowed Scholarship in Communication: Awarded each Spring to a Communication student who demonstrates academic excellent and a potential for excellence in a career in Communication.
- Anthony Mascioli Communications Scholarship: Awarded every other Spring to an outstanding Communication major who plans for a career in/related to writing.
- Billy Reed Prize in Public Speaking: Awarded each Spring to a student who has taken CMC 201: Public Speaking and demonstrates excellence in public speaking.
- Harry B. Boutet Scholarship ($1,000): Awarded every other Spring to a Communication major entering their Junior or Senior year the following fall. Winners of this award demonstrate leadership and strong moral and ethical character inside and outside of the classroom.
- Gregory A. Tortorello Scholarship ($5,000): Awarded each Spring to a Communication major who demonstrates financial need and who is involved in at least one activity, on or off campus (i.e., student groups, part- or full-time work, experiential learning, and / or volunteer activities)