Who to Contact
New York State Education Department/Office of Teaching Initiatives
The Office of Teaching Initiatives within the New York State Education Department is the agency that regulates the TEACH system and reviews and issues certifications.
- Certification Questions: (518) 474-3901 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical help with TEACH Online Services: (518) 474-3901 or email@example.com
- Request a certificate application pathway change: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requirements for a specific certificate
The Board of Cooperative Educational Services is operated by NYSED and may provide services such as application reviews. BOCES offices may be especially helpful when evaluating coursework for those seeking additional certificates.
Required workshops vary by program and many are offered through coursework at the University.
Required for any student in a teacher education program. This requirement is often fulfilled by completing course PRO 370 OR PBH 301. If you have completed SAVE/CAD through one of the above courses and need to provide proof, please provide your transcript and this letter. Please note: These workshops are generally not notated on TEACH accounts, as the College recommendation attests to the completion of them.
Required for any student in an Inclusive Generalist teacher education program. Often fulfilled by completing course EDI 413/513.
Required for any student in an educator preparation program.
If you have not received the College’s recommendation, but feel that you are entitled to it, please ensure that you have:
- Completed all of your program requirements (Degree Audit)
- Applied to the University for graduation
- Had your graduation date posted to your transcript
- No holds on your student account
- Completed the Certification Recommendation Form
If you have completed an approved educator preparation program at the University or are in the process of so doing and need verification, please contact the Certification Office.