SUNY Brockport offers many opportunities for students who are interested in developing their leadership skills.

Applying for Certification in Another State or Canada

If applying for certification in another state (or Canada), you may be requested to complete a form verifying your completion of an approved academic program leading to teacher, pupil-personnel, or administrative certification. You may mail, fax, or email the form to the Office of Certification for completion.

Contact Information

Mailing Address

Certification Office
SUNY Brockport
Albert W. Brown Building, Suite 252
350 New Campus Drive
Brockport, NY 14420

Phone & Email

Phone: (585) 395-5940
Fax: (585) 395-2319

Teacher Certification Offices Outside of New York

A teaching certificate is valid only in the country and state for which it is issued. If you are planning to move to another state or Canada, contact that state or province’s certification office listed below. When you contact the state or province certification office, indicate the type of certificate you are receiving from New York State, which national tests you have taken, and ask for application materials and procedures for obtaining certification.

United States

Alabama Alaska Arizona
Arkansas California Colorado
Connecticut Delaware DC
Florida Georgia Hawaii
Idaho Illinois Indiana
Iowa Kansas Kentucky
Louisiana Maine Maryland
Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota
Mississippi Missouri Montana
Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire
New Jersey New Mexico New York
North Carolina North Dakota Ohio
Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania
Puerto Rico Rhode Island South Carolina
South Dakota Tennessee Texas
Utah Vermont Virginia
Washington West Virginia Wisconsin


Alberta British Columbia Manitoba
New Brunswick New Foundland Northwest Territories
Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario
Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan