**Use your web browser’s Find feature (Ctrl + F) to search key words in your questions.**


Can you check that I have completed all of my certification program requirements?

Actually, YOU can check this! Look at your degree audit (Degree Works) in Web Banner.


I completed my program. How do I get my degree?

Apply for graduation through the Office of Registration and Records. Please see details at /support/registration_records/application_for_grad.html


How do I apply for certification?

Please see details on applying for certification at /academics/certification/applying.html


What is my program code?

Find it on our Program Code Menu webpage. You will need to know your degree type (BS, BS, MSEd, etc.) and program title, which you can find on your transcript in Web Banner.


Do I need to use a program code?

Maybe! You are only eligible to use a program code for certificates associated with the education program you have completed. Please do not attempt to use a program code for a non-program certification. This will cause significant delays in your certification application processing. You can find you program code at /academics/certification/applying.html


How do I get a College Recommendation posted to my TEACH account?

If you completed a certification program at SUNY Brockport, complete this College Recommendation Request Form. If you completed a certification program at another institution, contact that institution. If you did not complete a certification program, you are not entitled to a College Recommendation.


What exams do I have to take?

Look up your exams here: /academics/certification/exams.html


Do I need to have the certification exams completed to be able to graduate?

No. The certification exams are NYS certification requirements, not graduation requirements.


Where can I complete DASA training?

Please see your options at /academics/certification/harassment_prevention_training.html


Where can I complete Mandated Reporter/Child Abuse Detection (CAD) training?

Please see your options at /academics/certification/child_abuse_school_violence_workshops.html


Where can I complete School Violence Prevention (SAVE) training?

Please see your options at /academics/certification/child_abuse_school_violence_workshops.html


How do I get fingerprinting done?

You can be fingerprinted though the NYSED’s partner provider, IdentoGO. See details at http://www.nysed.gov/educator-integrity/fingerprint-process


I need fingerprinting for teaching. The fingerprinting website, IdentoGO, has two options: Certification and Employment. Which one do I pick?

Pick Certification. Or register for fingerprinting through this link: https://uenroll.identogo.com/workflows/14ZGQT


I am applying for Professional certification. Do I need a College Recommendation?

Maybe! If you completed a certification program at the master’s or advanced certificate level that was specifically for the Professional certificate you are pursuing, then that institution can provide a college recommendation. If your master’s or advanced certificate program was not specifically for the Professional certificate you are pursuing, then you do not need a College recommendation. In this case, when you apply for Professional certification in TEACH and get to the program code screen, do not enter a code. Instead, click on the “No, I did not complete a program…” box to complete your application. Please find more information about Professional Certification at /academics/certification/applying_professional_certification.html


How can I check what is missing from my certification application in TEACH?

From the TEACH Home page, click on the Account Information link. Scroll down on the Account Information page to the menu box. Select Certificates. Scroll down on the Certificates page to the Applications section. On the right side of your application entry, click on the link that reads “View Evaluation History.”


How do I send transcripts to the state?

Order an official transcript from SUNY Brockport’s Office of Registration and Records using this Credentials Solutions webpage. Have the transcript sent directly to the NYS Education Department (NYSED) by listing them as the “recipient” of your order using the address below. The state accepts electronic transcripts at transcriptsoti@nysed.govor paper copies at:

New York State Education Department
Office of Teaching Initiatives
89 Washington Ave, 5N EB
Albany, NY 12234

The NYSED provides additional guidance on submitting transcripts on this webpage: http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/certificate/transcripts.html


I have an Internship Certificate. Will that automatically convert to an Initial or Professional certificate?

No. You need to apply for the Initial and/or Professional certificate in TEACH. Please visit /academics/certification/applying.htmlfor guidance on how to apply.


Which certificates can I apply for through my program?

You can look up the certificates associated with your program at /academics/certification/program_code_certificate_menu.html


I applied for certification, but my application says “Not Ready for Review.” What do I do?

Be sure that you have paid for your application. If you have paid the fee, then you may need one of the following:

  • If your application is submitted through the “Approved Teacher Prep Program” pathway, then you need a College Recommendation.
  • If your application is submitted through a different pathway, then you need to submit an official transcript to the NYSED.