CELT offers a variety of services designed to support full-time and adjunct faculty desiring to improve or expand their instructional skills.
Individual consultations available on:
Teaching observations available by peer reviewers & observers for:
- Teaching effectiveness
- Classroom issues
- Best practices sharing
Live office hours (Synchronous) via Zoom with Brockport’s Instructional Design Team on Monday’s from 10:00 – 11:00 am and Thursday’s from 1:30-2:30 pm.
Zoom Room - located in Edwards 106A
- The Zoom room has a high quality tracking video camera, a high quality microphone, a control touch screen, 1 large monitor, 1 large touch screen monitor, and a whiteboard capture camera.
- All this equipment will allow an instructor to teach exclusively remote students (no face to face students) using Zoom without a computer.
- If an instructor wants to share content, they must bring their own laptop, but they can connect the laptop to the Zoom session wirelessly so there are no cables or adapters needed.
- If an instructor wants to use a whiteboard to share content, they can use the touch screen monitor or an actual whiteboard on the wall and share whatever is written with the remote students.
- The room can also be used as a recording studio for instructors to record their online lessons with more resources than they might have in their office or from home.
- Reserve the room by contacting Frank Mancini at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 395-2225