The saying “dress for the job you want” is also true for interviews. Be sure to wear appropriate attire, even if you know the employees or organization. Did you know that similar to a résumé review, many hiring managers form their first impression of a candidate in 30 seconds?
Brockport Clothes Closet
Where is it?
The clothes closet is located in our office on the second floor of Dailey Hall, room 214, at the corner of the L.
How it Works
- Once per semester you can come pick out a full professional outfit.
- Make an appointment on Handshake to come in during our normal hours to browse and try on your next professional look.
- The outfit is yours to keep!
Disclaimer: Items and sizes available vary due to student usage. If we don’t have what you’re looking for, come back in a few weeks!
Goals for Your Closet
- A pants suit in black, charcoal, or gray.
- Button up shirts in classic colors such as white, black, and light shades of blue
- Black dress shoes
- Trousers, skirts, dresses and blazers in black, gray, or navy blue
- Solid polo shirts in black, white and muted colors
- Blouses with three-quarter or long sleeves, in solids or conservative prints