All instructors should plan for how they would ensure the continuity of coursework and success of our students during the possible elimination of face-to-face classes this spring.
Open Sessions for Instructors
The ASIS team is also planning on holding open sessions where instructors can drop in for consultations and brief overview/introductions to resources:
|Tuesday, March 10||5 - 6 pm||Drake 55A|
|Wednesday, March 11||
10 - 11 am
10 - 11 am drop-in
Rest of day, by appointment
5 - 6 pm
Downtown/REOC Room 532
|Thursday, March 12||1 - 2 pm||Drake 55A|
|Friday, March 13||9 - 10 am||Drake 55A|
|Tuesday, March 17||1 - 2 pm||Collaborate|
|Wednesday, March 18||10 - 11 am||CELT|
|Thursday, March 19||1 - 2 pm||Collaborate|
Request an appointment with an Instructional Designer
How to Get Started Teaching Online
The majority of our teaching faculty are currently using Blackboard in their face-to-face courses. Others are using other online tools for information dissemination and their course activities.
- All courses automatically have a Blackboard space created. You can access it using your Brockport NetID and password
“Blackboard 101 – Accelerated Online Preparation” instructional resource guide:This guide can be found in Blackboard under “My Organizations” list, and is labeled “Brockport Training”.
If you’re new to using Blackboard, there are substantial resources available on the campus Blackboard support page .
- Lecture capture can be used to create instruction available on demand.
Stay tuned for information regarding upcoming workshops in the coming weeks. We will be working closely with those who wish to begin utilizing online tools and need assistance.
Resources for Online Teaching During a Campus Closure
OUR SUNY CAMPUSES HAVE SEVERAL RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO ASSIST
- Teaching during campus closure (SUNY Purchase)
- Stony Brook University: Keep Teaching (Stony Brook University)
VIRTUAL LABS AND STEM RESOURCES
- Skills Commons – Virtual Labs
- Foundational Concepts and Techniques in Biotechnology - Harvard
- JoVE Video Articles
- PhET Interactive Simulations – University of Colorado Boulder Science simulations
- PBS SimBucket - simulations
- Simulations and Animations Resource List (CSUN)
- Keep Teaching During Prolonged Campus or Building Closures (Indiana University)
- Remote Teaching Strategies for Business Continuity (Google Sheet)
- Going Online in a Hurry: What to Do and Where to Start (The Chronicle of Higher Education)
- Sharing Coronavirus Contingency Planning Best Practices (Blackboard Blog)
- Continuity of Education Group (Blackboard Community)
- Create Mobile-Friendly Course Content (Blackboard Help)
- Offline Content in the Blackboard App (Blackboard Help)
- Performance Optimization for Self-Hosted Clients (Blackboard Help)
- Blackboard Academy Catalog - Digital Teaching and Learning Courses for Faculty
- 30 Day Collaborate Trial Page - for individual instructors
- Collaborate Ultra Help (Blackboard Help)
- Collaborate Ultra Network Connection Management (Blackboard Help)