Applications for the 2022-23 Student Advisory Board (SAB) are now closed
Applications for the 2023-24 will open in April 2023. Please stay tuned.
The purpose of the Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion’s Student Advisory Board (SAB) of SUNY Brockport is to provide an open space for members of underrepresented communities to engage and discuss issues across campus that impact diverse groups.
The SAB is guided by the following principles:
- Providing recommendations to the Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) and the OEDI on issues affecting students pertaining to diversity, OEDI programs, and the University.
- Serve as liaisons between the OEDI and the broader campus community. The SAB will facilitate this through open, respectful, and on-going communication between the SAB and the Office.
- Members of the SAB will be actively invested in issues related to equity, diversity, and inclusion and willing to learn institutional policies and regulations in order to produce strategies and recommendations to solve campus problems.
Board Members 2022-23
- Talisa Altman
- Qudus Bawa-Allah
- Tatiana Briggs
- Megan Hale
- Tegan Hugston
- Meaghan Irving
- Blake James
- Riley Johnson
- Ataliyah Roberts
- Avery Sopko
- Margaret Trumble
To contact us, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
12-15 students in total to begin the Board, spanning a range of diversities.
Constituencies from the following communities:
- African American / Black
- American Indian / Alaskan Natives
- Asian / Pacific Islander
- First Generation
- Varying Abilities
- Non-Traditional students
- BSG Advocacy Department
- To be eligible, all SAB members must be currently enrolled degree-seeking students, maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA, and be in good conduct and academic standing.
Membership is open to all students through the application process.
- Applications will be processed by the OEDI and the evaluation will be completed by the screening committee.
- Membership on the SAB is for one (1) academic year.
- Quorum: A quorum consists of two-thirds (2/3) of all voting members of the SAB.
Meetings will be held regularly.
- Quarterly meetings with the President and CDO
- Bi-weekly full team meetings with CDO and Diversity & Inclusion Program Coordinator
Student Advisory Board Duties and Responsibilities
Largely the SAB will provide recommendations for services, programming around diversity and inclusion, and policy changes in order to strengthen SUNY Brockport’s commitment and approach to student diversity and inclusion.
- Provide recommendations to the President, CDO and the OEDI related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion that impact students.
- To forward all relevant information to their respective areas and organizations.
- To assist in developing a stronger partnership between students and key administrators in creating a more inclusive Brockport.
- To update the CDO and the OEDI on programs, projects, and concerns of their respective stakeholder organization.
Attend all scheduled and special meetings when called by the SAB.
- Attendance taken at all meetings; 2 consecutive absences will result in probationary period
- To honor confidentiality of information disclosed.
- Maintain a 2.5 Grade Point Average in all academic work and be enrolled as a student at SUNY Brockport during entire tenure with the SAB.
- To remain in good standing with all federal, state, and local laws as well as all University policies and standards.
- Submit quarterly reports to the President and CDO.