Diversity Statement & DefinitionsBetter Community Statement
The Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion promotes the integration of diversity-related instruction and research into ongoing Brockport initiatives to enhance academic excellence. The various areas covered include professional development, recruitment and retention, policy review and procedures, and bias reporting. Additionally, by maintaining engagement through trainings and dialogues it is intended that a culture of inclusive excellence will enrich the entire campus community. In accordance with the SUNY system, the institutional policies and protocols aim to strengthen Brockport’s ability to create a learning environment needed to develop the extraordinary leaders who will succeed in an increasingly culturally diverse and globalized society.
To create a better Brockport where inclusivity is promoted through integration of students, faculty/staff, and the community by means of collaborative events specifically designed to enhance knowledge of topics relevant to eliminating inequity.
- Foster an inclusive learning and welcoming campus environment.
- Provide social and educational opportunities for students, faculty, and staff that will enhance their cultural experiences, to encourage greater global relationships.
- Treat all people with dignity, open-mindedness, and esteem.
- Have an actively engaged campus community that is aware of and appreciates multiculturalism and the multi-faceted aspects of our identity that each of us brings to the Brockport campus.
- Active engagement of equity, diversity and inclusion.