Parking options include on-street (free after 6:00 pm), Washington Square Garage, Midtown Garage, and Court Street.
If you are taking classes primarily at Brockport Downtown, you do not need to purchase a Student Parking permit from the main campus.
SUNY Brockport issued ID cards are required each time you enter the facility and must be shown upon request by security or Brockport Downtown staff. You can now order your ID via the GET app and have it mailed to your address on file.
If you have any issues ordering your ID or didn’t receive the ID in the mail, you can request assistance online.
Students taking classes at Brockport Downtown or online can receive FREE ground shipping from Barnes and Noble. Please call the Barnes and Noble (main campus location - (585)395-2554) after receiving your confirmation receipt to indicate the request for Brockport Downtown delivery. There is also a full service bookstore on the 1st floor of REOC. Easy Money is accepted at Barnes and Noble.
B-STRO Restaurant is located on the 1st floor of REOC. The B-Stro is part of the REOC’s culinary training program. Hours are posted.
Remember to PARK SMART! This includes locking your car and not leaving any items visible. We advise not giving money to panhandlers and also walking to your cars after class with classmates. As mentioned, Eagle One Student ID cards must be presented to security when entering facility.
Remember that REOC and Brockport Downtown are separate operations. Please keep this in mind when you are looking for closings. If REOC is closed but SUNY Brockport is open, you still have class. Closings due to weather and other emergencies will be communicated on SUNY Brockport homepage.
Lost & Found
If you have lost an item, Lost & Found is located on the 1st floor of the REOC building at the Welcome Center. Items can also be dropped off to a staff member or to security if found.
The librarian is located in Room 564 at Brockport Downtown. Walk-in hours will be from 2-7pm Monday-Thursday. You can reach the Librarian at (585) 395-8476. Services include Inter Library Loan, Reference, Course Reserves, Tech Tools, and Instruction. For more information, please visit our guide.
Computer & Printing Access
Students are allocated 450 single/600 double sided black and white pages per semester. Student scanners/copiers are located next to the library (Room 517). Follow the signs posted on the wall while getting off the elevator.
The Academic Success Center (ASC) offers a real-time writing tutoring program for students who are not able to travel to the Brockport campus. Writing tutors can help you talk through an assignment, articulate a thesis, focus your paragraphs, improve transitions, identify confusing passages or mistakes in grammar and punctuation, and cite your sources correctly.
To access remote writing tutoring before 7 p.m.:
- Call (585) 395-2293 to schedule an appointment. Tell the ASC staff member that you wish to make an appointment for Remote Writing Tutoring.
- You will be given the following information for your appointment: phone number, email address, date, and time. Write this information down.
- Send your paper to the email address you were given at least 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Call the number you’ve been given at your scheduled appointment time. If possible, call from a hands-free phone.
- Have an electronic or hard copy of your paper in front of you during your phone conversation with the writing tutor.
To access online writing tutoring through STAR-NY between 7 p.m.-Midnight (Sundays-Thursdays):
- STAR-NY tutors are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are available Sundays through Thursdays from 7:00-11:59 p.m.
- Go to: http://www.starny.org/tutoring_schedule and click “request a tutor” and login using your netID and password
Student Accessibility Services
Student Accessibility Services provides support and assistance to students with medical, physical, emotional, or learning disabilities; as well as students with temporary injuries/impairments.